Please Contact for more Information|
2023 Youth Eventing Riding Program
Youth Riding Program Series - 2023
Time & Location
Please Contact for more Information
About the event
Youth will have the opportunity to be part of a group of like minded individuals and their horses to partcipant in riding lessons and learn about the Equestrian Sport of Eventing.
- Youth will learn about the three phases of eventing, conditioning, grooming, feeding, bandaging, and horse care.
- Youth and their horses will be exposed to dressage, showjumping, cross country: riding on terrain, low-level/beginner jumps, ditches, banks, water.
Basic Skill requirements:
- Group Lessons: Riders must however be able to safely walk, trot, canter, and hault on their own.
- Groups will be comprised of Riders/Horses at similar level.
- "Learn to Ride" sessions are available privately. Minimum of 6 years of age.
Youth will need to ensure they are able to bring the following to the lessons:
- A Sound and Safe Horse for the Participant's age/stage/ability
- Appropriate Safe English Tack
- Riding Attire and Equipment including riding boots, helmet, vest (may be able to provide upon request)
- Participants must have a valid 2023 AEF Membership (Alberta Equestrian Federation)
YOUTH RIDER REGISTRATION
Youth Registration application is free.$0.00